Today, my lovely friend, Hailey nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. 🙂
The rules are as follows: A nominated blogger must (1) link back to the person who nominated them, (2) list these very rules and display their award, (3) share seven facts about yourself, and (4) choose some indeterminate number of blogs to nominate.
1. The inspiration behind my blog name came from a song called, Carbon Ribs by John Mark McMillan. The lyrics “One day I will sit a cripple at your table, a cripple by Your side” really struck a cord with me the first time I heard them. Having Cerebral Palsy makes me see how patient, kind, and understand Jesus is in bearing this cross for His name. If you’re interested in the song, listen here. 🙂
2. I love staring out windows. It doesn’t matter if I’m in the car, or sitting at the kitchen table, I will stare for hours if it’s quiet enough. I end to writing a poem generally within a few hours. There’s just something about letting your mind wander that really gets me in a zone.
3. I had a dream of sitting out in the rain in a field, fulfilled in May.
I wasn’t very clear in this post about who each girl was. I’m to the left, Gwen is to right.
4. I have a slight love of books. If I walk into a store where I know there may be some, I will most likely walk out with one. Even though I haven’t read ones I have. Ask my mother, she is the one who has to say, “Keep walking. Nothing to see here.” 🙂
5. Speaking of my mother, she is an amazing cook! (I know, I know, everyone loves their mother’s cooking), but her baked Mac n cheese, crepes, PIZZAS, etc make me like this:
6. My dad (without him knowing) got me into Veggietales (which I still watch), during our weekly trips to the library every Tuesday. And reading, too. Thanks a lot daddy. 🙂
7. My new favorite word right now is Selah. meaning, pause. It has to do with music, but it accurately describes me. To a T. 🙂
Thanks again, Hailey! 🙂